Saturday, March 15, 2008

3DP: Write Swimmingly: Day 6

So I tempted the gods.  I said to them, "Hey gods.  I shake my finger at you...my index finger, for I am no. 1!"  I did not listen to them when they gave me a bit of a cough, a little itchiness in the throat.  No, I did not.  After my body was telling me chiiiiill on Day 3, after having finished my second straight day of doing my challenge justice, I decided to forget it.  So on to the pool I went.  Out I came.  Write, I did.  Sleep then wake, then work next day.

'Course fever I get.  It only surfaced fully on day 5.  Chills, sweats, hours and hours of daytime sleeping, about 4 movies, and many-a-pills and OJ-later, I faired much better.  I must give partial credit to my commendable DVD collection for helping out my immune system (thank you much Sideways and Anchorman...and you too, High Fidelity, you're a champ).

Now what?  Well, I am still halfway through death, but I am taking steps back rather than forth.  What is the lesson to be learned?  Just because you tell yourself illness is all in your head does not mean you convinced the rest of your body of that, too.  Unless you are one of those tibetan buddhists.  They are Superman-like.

lhp

No comments: