Monday, March 10, 2008

3DP: Write Swimmingly: Day 1

The first day is gone, and so far so good. Yes, that is me up top, if you change my race, build, skill, and desire/or not to wear goggles and the swimmer's do-rag.

This first day served as a test of skill. I found out I CAN swim for 30 minutes straight, albeit with continually deteriorating form and increasingly girly whimpers. I also found out I can write 1,000 words on a whim, and even made a story out of it (it pretty much is a story about a drunk older lady who drinks too much wine, plays Credence Clearwater Revival really loud, tries to makeout with pizza delivery boy, and passes out only to wake up and ask for french toast from her startled grandsons). Yeah, it was a pretty moralistic story.

As of today, no six-pack yet. I also don't have that pretty bleached hair surfers sport. And I am also not great enough of a writer to find a better way of starting a sentence than with the forbidden "And." And that is all.

lhp


No comments: